Kivisense Terms and Conditions
BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT WITH Kivisense, INC. (“WE,” “US” “OUR” OR “Kivisense”) AND/OR USING OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW), YOU OR THE ENTITY OR COMPANY THAT YOU REPRESENT (THE “LICENSEE”) ARE UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “AGREEMENT”). THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR USE OF Kivisense’S SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGY IN COMPUTERS, MOBILE PHONES/TABLETS, AND OTHER DEVICES (THE “TECHNOLOGY”), ACCESS TO Kivisense’S PROPRIETARY PLATFORM THAT SUPPORTS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE TECHNOLOGY (THE “PLATFORM”), USE OF Kivisense’S HOSTING SERVICES FOR HOSTING CONTENT CREATED, UPLOADED, OR SHARED USING THE TECHNOLOGY OR PLATFORM (THE “HOSTING SERVICES”), AND OTHER PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT Kivisense MAY PROVIDE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION OR ENTITY, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO BIND THAT ORGANIZATION OR ENTITY TO THESE TERMS. LICENSEE’S DOWNLOAD, INSTALLATION OR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES WILL ALSO CONSTITUTE ASSENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSEE WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THE TECHNOLOGY AND/OR SERVICES. IF THESE TERMS ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS.
1. Accounts. Licensee will create an account and select a password and user name (“Kivisense User ID”) to access and use the Services. Licensee promises to provide accurate, complete and updated account information. Licensee will be responsible for maintaining the security of Licensee’s account, passwords (including but not limited to administrative and user passwords) and files, and for all uses of Licensee’s account with or without Licensee’s knowledge or consent. Licensee will also cooperate with Kivisense in establishing a password or other procedures for verifying that only designated employees of Licensee have access to any administrative functions of the Services. Licensee will ensure that such designated employees do not transfer their accounts to any third party without our prior written consent.
2. Intellectual Property.
a. Limited License to Access the Platform. Subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use and access the Kivisense’s Platform and online portal solely for its internal business purposes.
b. Limited License to Use the Technology. Subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use the Technology for the sole purpose of allowing Licensee to build (strictly in accordance with our official user documentation) software applications or, if Kivisense permits you to do so, web applications on your own website (each an “App”) and that may communicate with the Platform, and for other purposes authorized by us in writing.
c. Limited License to Distribute the Technology in Licensee’s App. Subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to distribute the Technology in object code form only as part of an App, and only subject to an end-user license agreement which is at least as protective of our proprietary rights in the Technology as those contained in this agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, these terms and conditions will include terms for Kivisense’s benefit regarding (a) restrictions on reverse engineering (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law); (b) disclaimer of warranties; and (c) limitation of liability, all of which will be at least as beneficial to Kivisense as those contained herein.
d. Limited License to Use the Sample Application. Subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to download and use the sample application available by Kivisense for download (the “Sample Application”) solely for the purpose of evaluating the Sample Application and the functionality of the Technology.
e. Hosting Services. If Licensee elects to use the Hosting Services, (i) Licensee shall also comply with the Hosting Services Terms and Conditions below, which are incorporated into this Agreement, and (ii) subject to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant Licensee a limited, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use and access the Hosting Services solely for its internal business purposes.
3. Restrictions. Licensee will not use the Services to create, develop or continue a current or proposed program that is competitive with the Technology. If Licensee intends at any time to institute such a program, Licensee will promptly inform Kivisense, will not use in that program (whether for advice, review or otherwise) any personnel who have had access to any part of the Technology, and will not use any part of the Technology or any related intellectual property in connection with that program. Except in connection with Licensee’s limited right to distribute the Technology in object code form in accordance with Section 2, Licensee will not disclose (or allow access to) the Technology (or any information derived from them) to any third party and will limit access to the Technology (and any derived information) to individuals who are developing the App and who are bound by this agreement (“Authorized Users”). In support of this obligation, Licensee will apply at least the same security that Licensee uses to protect Licensee’s own most confidential information. Licensee will not (and will not authorize or encourage any third party to): (i) reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any aspect of the Services (except to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law), (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services; (iii) except as expressly permitted herein, use the Services for timesharing or service bureau purposes or for any purpose other than its own use and benefit; or (iv) use the Services other than in accordance with this Agreement and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved.
4. Changes to the Technology. Licensee’s App will maintain 100% compatibility with the Technology and the Platform (including changes provided to Licensee by Kivisense which will be implemented in the App promptly thereafter). Licensee understands and agrees that we may cease support of old versions or releases of the Technology at any time. We may also automatically update the version of the Services that Licensee is using, including without limitation the Technology installed on each device (each, a “Device”) of Licensee’s end users.
5. Fees. Certain versions or functionalities of the Technology may currently be free of charge, but we reserve the right to make certain additional features, updates or new versions/releases available only for payment. If Licensee chooses to purchase such Services, Licensee will pay Kivisense fees for the applicable Service (“Fees”). We will not charge you any Fees without your prior authorization. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, all Fees will be invoiced monthly and all invoices issued under this Agreement are payable in U.S. dollars within thirty (30) days from date of invoice. Past due invoices are subject to interest on any outstanding balance of the lesser of 1.5% per month or the maximum amount permitted by law. Licensee will be responsible for all taxes associated with the Services (excluding taxes based on Kivisense’s net income). All Fees paid are non-refundable and are not subject to set-off.
6. Improvements. Licensee may from time to time provide suggestions, comments or other feedback to Kivisense with respect to the Services (“Feedback”). Feedback, even if designated as confidential by Licensee, shall not create any confidentiality obligation for Kivisense notwithstanding anything else. Licensee shall, and hereby does, grant to Kivisense a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, fully paid up license to use and exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
7. Confidentiality; Data Collection. Each party (the “Receiving Party”) understands that the other party (the “Disclosing Party”) has disclosed or may disclose information relating to the Disclosing Party’s technology or business (hereinafter referred to as “Proprietary Information” of the Disclosing Party).
a. Use and Non-Disclosure. The Receiving Party agrees: (i) not to divulge to any third person any such Proprietary Information, (i) to give access to such Proprietary information solely to those employees with a need to have access thereto for purposes of this Agreement, and (iii) to take the same security precautions to protect against disclosure or unauthorized use of such Proprietary Information that the party takes with its own proprietary information, but in no event will a party apply less than reasonable precautions to protect such Proprietary Information. The Disclosing Party agrees that the foregoing will not apply with respect to any information that the Receiving Party can document (a) is or becomes generally available to the public without any action by, or involvement of, the Receiving Party, or (b) was in its possession or known by it prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party, or (c) was rightfully disclosed to it without restriction by a third party, or (d) was independently developed without use of any Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party. Nothing in this Agreement will prevent the Receiving Party from disclosing the Proprietary Information pursuant to any judicial or governmental order, provided that the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party reasonable prior notice of such disclosure to contest such order. Notwithstanding anything else, Kivisense is permitted to disclose (including through display of Licensee’s logo) that Licensee is one of its customers (including in its publicity and marketing materials).
d. Aggregated Anonymous Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Kivisense may (i) internally use and modify (but not disclose) Licensee Data and Device Data for the purposes of (A) providing the Services and any support or consultation services to Licensee and (B) generating Aggregated Anonymous Data (as defined below), and (ii) freely use and make available Aggregated Anonymous Data for Kivisense’s business purposes (including without limitation, for purposes of improving, testing, operating, promoting and marketing Kivisense’s products and services). “Aggregated Anonymous Data” means data submitted to, collected by, or generated by Kivisense in connection with Licensee’s use of the Services, but only in aggregate, anonymized form which can in no way be linked specifically to Licensee or any individual.
e. DATA PROCESSING ADDENDUM. THIS SECTION APPLIES IF AND TO THE EXTENT WE PROCESS ANY CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA (AS DEFINED IN THE DPA) OF LICENSEE’S CLIENTS OR END USERS THAT IS SUBJECT TO THE GDPR (AS DEFINED IN THE DPA) ON YOUR BEHALF. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU HEREBY ACCEPT AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THE DATA PROCESSING ADDENDUM AT https://www.kivisense.com/dpa (“DPA”), WHICH ARE HEREBY INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. For the purposes of the Standard Contractual Clauses (as defined in the DPA), Licensee and its applicable affiliates are each the data exporter, and Licensee’s acceptance of this Agreement shall be treated as its execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses and applicable appendices.
8. Indemnification. Licensee will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Kivisense, its affiliates and each of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), that arise from or relate to (i) Licensee’s, an Authorized User’s or Licensee’s end users’ use or misuse of the Services (ii) Licensee’s violation of this Agreement or breach of its representations or warranties, (iii) infringement by Licensee or any Authorized User of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or (iv) a claim alleging that Licensee or Licensee’s App infringes or violates the rights of, or has caused harm to, a third party. Kivisense reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Licensee, in which event Licensee will assist and cooperate with Kivisense in asserting any available defenses.
9. DISCLAIMER. Kivisense PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO LICENSEE.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WILL Kivisense OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, DEVICE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LICENSEE’S USE OF THE SERVICES. Kivisense’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO $100. THE FOREGOING WILL NOT APPLY TO DAMAGES FOR BODILY INJURY THAT, UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CANNOT BE SO LIMITED. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF LICENSEE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO LICENSEE.
11. Term; Termination. This Agreement is effective as of the date Licensee begins using the Services and is effective until terminated in accordance with this Section 11. Licensee may terminate this Agreement at any time by removing or ceasing all use of the Services. We may terminate this Agreement and Licensee’s access to the Services at any time and for any reason. All licenses granted to Licensee hereunder terminate upon termination or expiration of this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, Kivisense may suspend or limit Licensee’s access to or use of the Services if (i) Licensee account is more than sixty (60) days past due, or (ii) Licensee’s use of the Service results in (or is reasonably likely to result in) damage to or material degradation of the Service which interferes with Kivisense’s ability to provide access to the Service to other customers; provided that in the case of subsection (ii): (a) Kivisense will use reasonable good faith efforts to work with Licensee to resolve or mitigate the damage or degradation in order to resolve the issue without resorting to suspension or limitation; (b) prior to any such suspension or limitation, Kivisense will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice to Licensee describing the nature of the damage or degradation; and (c) Kivisense will reinstate Licensee’s use of or access to the Services, as applicable, if Licensee remediates the issue within thirty (30) days of receipt of such notice. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, accrued payment obligations (if applicable), ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
12. Choice of Law; Arbitration. This Agreement is governed by and will be construed under the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement will be finally settled in Santa Clara County, California, in English, in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who will be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party will have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, Santa Clara County, California or the Northern District of California. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. LICENSEE UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, LICENSEE AND Kivisense ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
13. Changes to the Agreement, Platform, or Service Kivisense may modify the Agreement at any time, in Kivisense’s sole discretion. If Kivisense does so, Kivisense will let Licensee know either by posting the modified Agreement on the Platform or Kivisense’s website or through other communications. It is important that Licensee reviews the Agreement whenever Kivisense modifies it because if Licensee continues to use the Platform or Services after Kivisense has notified Licensee of the modification and the modified Agreement has been posted on the Platform or Kivisense’s website, Licensee is indicating to Kivisense that Licensee agrees to be bound by the modified Agreement. If Licensee does not agree to be bound by the modified Agreement, then Licensee may not continue to use the Platform or Services. Because the Platform and Services are evolving over time, Kivisense may change or discontinue all or any part of the Platform or Services at any time and without notice, at Kivisense’s sole discretion.
14. Miscellaneous. You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country and that you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties. This Agreement represents the complete agreement concerning the subject matter hereof between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements and representations between them. This Agreement may be amended only by a writing executed by both parties or as otherwise provided in Section 13. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. Any notices or other communications provided by Kivisense under this Agreement, including those regarding modifications to this Agreement, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Platform. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is given. For notices made by posting to the Platform, the date of such posting will be deemed the date that notice is given. The failure of Kivisense to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by Licensee or others does not constitute a waiver and will not limit Kivisense’s rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to Licensee and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever without Kivisense’s consent and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing will be void and without effect. Kivisense expressly reserves the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Services.
Hosting Services Terms & Conditions
Kivisense also offers hosting services that enable you to upload and share content, including any content created using the Technology and Platform, via Kivisense’s website, located at https://www.kivisense.com (the “Hosting Services”). Your use of the Hosting Services is at all times subject to the Kivisense Terms and Conditions (https://www.kivisense.com/terms), and any capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as in the Kivisense Terms and Conditions. The following additional terms also apply to your use of the Hosting Services:
1. Restrictions. You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content (defined below) or otherwise use the Hosting Services or interact with the Hosting Services in a manner that:
a. Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Kivisense);
b. Violates any law or regulation, including any applicable export control laws;
c. Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
d. Jeopardizes the security of your Kivisense account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Hosting Services as you);
e. Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
f. Tracks or collects data about other users (such as usage data or any personal data), including, without limitation, tracking other users’ cookies or log-in codes.
g. Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
h. Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Hosting Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Hosting Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of Kivisense’s Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Hosting Service’s infrastructure, such as through crypto mining);
i. “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Hosting Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
j. Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
k. Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Hosting Services;
l. Circumvents any security or safety measures or other technological restrictions Kivisense has put in place in the Hosting Services.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Hosting Services.
2. Use of the Hosting Services. The materials displayed or performed or available on or through the Hosting Services, including, but not limited to, augmented reality content, text, videos, graphics, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, textures, meshes, code and scripts, Your Content (defined below), and so forth (all of the foregoing, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content you access through the Hosting Services, and you will not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Content or (ii) in a way that violates someone else’s (including Kivisense’s) rights.
You understand that Kivisense owns the Hosting Services. You will not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section), create derivative works based on, or otherwise exploit any of the Hosting Services.
You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Hosting Services or the Content without Kivisense’s prior written authorization, unless Kivisense makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Hosting Services (such as the features that enable you to embed Content on your own website).
Kivisense reserves the right to decide whether any Content violates these Hosting Services Terms and Conditions, and Kivisense may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove any Content from the Hosting Services for any reason.
3. Commercial Uses. You agree not to use the Hosting Services for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain Kivisense’s prior written approval:
a. the sale of access to the Hosting Services;
b. the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Hosting Services or Content.
Prohibited commercial uses do not include uploading original Content to the Hosting Services to promote your business or artistic enterprise.
a. For all of Your Content, you hereby grant Kivisense a license to translate, modify (for technical purposes, for example making sure your content is viewable on an iPhone as well as a computer) and reproduce and otherwise act with respect to Your Content, in each case to enable us to operate the Hosting Services, as described in more detail below. This is a license only – your ownership in Your Content is not affected.
b. You may have the ability to store Your Content in your own personal Kivisense account, in a manner that is not viewable by any other user except you (“Personal Content”). If you create or store such Personal Content on the Hosting Services, then you grant Kivisense the license above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Personal Content for the sole purpose of making that Personal Content accessible to you and providing the Hosting Services necessary to do so.
c. You may have the ability to share Your Content only in a manner that only certain specified users can view (for example, a private upload to one or more other users) (“Limited Audience Content”). If you create, store, or share such Limited Audience Content on the Hosting Services, then you grant Kivisense the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute your Limited Audience Content for the sole purpose of making that Limited Audience Content accessible to such other specified users, and providing the Hosting Services necessary to do so. Also, you grant such other specified users a license to access that Limited Audience Content, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Hosting Services. If you are uploading Content you did not create or own, you are responsible for ensuring that the Content you upload is licensed under terms that grant these permissions to such other specified users.
d. If you share Your Content publicly on the Hosting Services and/or in a manner that more than just you or certain specified users can view (“Public Content”), then you grant Kivisense the licenses above, as well as a license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and distribute your Public Content for the purpose of making that Public Content accessible to all Kivisense users and providing the Hosting Services necessary to do so, as well as all other rights necessary to use and exercise all rights in that Public Content in connection with Kivisense’s business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Hosting Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. However, Kivisense will try to notify you if it uses your Public Content for its own advertising and promotional purposes. Also, you grant all other users of the Hosting Services a license to access that Public Content, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Hosting Services. If you are uploading Content you did not create or own, you are responsible for ensuring that the Content you upload is licensed under terms that grant these permissions to all other users of the Hosting Services.
You agree that the licenses you grant are royalty-free, perpetual, sublicenseable and transferable, irrevocable, and worldwide.
You agree that Kivisense may display advertising embedded in, in proximity to, or otherwise in connection with displaying Your Content on the Hosting Services, and you will not be entitled to any payments in connection with such advertising. Finally, you understand and agree that Kivisense, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Hosting Services to our users (including you), may need to make changes to Your Content to conform and adapt Your Content to the technical requirements of connection networks, devices, services, or media, and the foregoing licenses include the rights to do so.
5. DMCA Takedown. You may have heard of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), as it relates to online service providers, like Kivisense, being asked to remove material that allegedly violates someone’s copyright. We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to delete or disable Content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate the accounts of repeat alleged infringers; to review our complete Copyright Dispute Policy and learn how to report potentially infringing content, click here.To learn more about the DMCA, click here.
6. User Risks and Responsibilities. Any information or Content publicly posted or privately transmitted through or on the Hosting Services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated, and you access all such information and content at your own risk. Kivisense is not liable for any errors or omissions in that information or content or for any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with it. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use the Content or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content, and you hereby release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Hosting Services. Kivisense cannot guarantee the identity of any users with whom you interact in using the Hosting Services and is not responsible for which users gain access to the Hosting Services.
You are responsible for all Content you contribute, in any manner, to the Hosting Services, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it. You will keep all your registration information accurate and current. You are responsible for all your activity in connection with the Hosting Services.
Kivisense has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy, privacy policies, or practices of or opinions expressed in any third party websites or by any third party that you interact with through the Hosting Services. In addition, Kivisense will not and cannot monitor, verify, censor or edit the content of any third party site or service. By using the Hosting Services, you release and hold us harmless from any and all liability arising from your use of any third party website or service.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Hosting Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that Kivisense shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
If there is a dispute between participants using the Hosting Services, or between users and any third party, you agree that Kivisense is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release Kivisense, its officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Services. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."